Deforestation in Brazilian Amazon surges to 12-year …
· Deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon surged to a 12-year high in the year between August 2019 and July 2020, according to the country’s National Institute for Space Research
· The views expressed in Forests News are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the Center for International Forestry Research. This site is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)
Amazon sees alarming rise in deforestation
News Amazon sees alarming rise in deforestation Brazil’s state space agency reports a 100% increase in the destruction of the world’s largest tropical rainforest in November, compared to last year.
Illegal deforestation in Brazil soars amid climate of …
Illegal deforestation in Brazil soars amid climate of impunity By Herton Escobar Aug. 5, 2020 , 11:20 AM Deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon has risen sharply in the past year—again. Estimates
Deforestation News Monitoring Service & Press Release …
Deforestation News Service from EIN News Deforestation spurred by road project creeps closer to Sumatra wildlife haven A road in Sumatra that cuts through the only habitat on Earth that houses rhinos, tigers, elephants and orangutans has recently been upgraded
Indonesia leads the world on reducing deforestation: …
· SE Asia News -The writer says efforts to promote sustainable agriculture and a green Covid-19 recovery will not only be good for Indonesia leads the world on reducing deforestation: Jakarta
· BrasÃ lia (AFP) – Deforestation in Brazil’s Amazon basin region skyrocketed more than 450 percent in October from a year earlier. The alarming loss was the equivalent of 24,000 football pitches, according to non-governmental group Imazon VIDEOGRAPHIC
· Tropical forests are home to half the Earth’s species, and their trees are an immense standing reservoir of carbon. Deforestation will have increasingly serious consequences for biodiversity, humans, and climate. by Rebecca Lindsey • design by Robert Simmon • March 30, 2007
Deforestation is the permanent destruction of forests in order to make the land available for other uses. According to the United Nation’s Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), about 18 million acres of forests are lost each year due to deforestation.
CIFOR Forests news blog: The latest forest news on REDD+, climate change, biofuels, gender, conservation, trade, deforestation, indigenous and communi Britain’s Prince Charles says circular economy powered by nature crucial for recovery The crisis provoked by
Diminishing the EU’s deforestation footprint: The where …
If the EU and its Member States are now serious about reducing global deforestation, they need policies and actions that help to preserve forests in the tropics Net forest loss is now particularly concentrated in the tropics, with temperate forests generally expanding again after historical deforestation, although forest degradation is occurring throughout the world.
· All information you need for deforestation More than 100 days after P&G’s voting shareholders sent an overwhelming message to the company to stop fueling deforestation and forest degradation, P&G still has not announced an action plan.
In addition to destroying animal habitat, deforestation contributes to climate change and it also leads to soil erosion. Here is the latest science news about deforestation and how it is affecting
Deforestation puts human health and the health of our planet at risk. From policymakers to companies to consumers, urgent action is needed to halt forest loss. We can’t protect nature and wildlife, safeguard human health and tackle the climate crisis unless we STOP deforestation …
Deforestation: What’s wrong with planting new forests? …
Deforestation: What’s wrong with planting new forests? Close Forest area has been increasing in some parts of the world, but deforestation is continuing at speed in others.
ADM Aims to Eliminate Deforestation in Its Supply Chain …
· Agricultural trader Archer-Daniels-Midland Co. wants to eliminate deforestation from its supply chains by 2030 as part of an effort to encourage sustainable food …